I'm really excited for this term. Time is something I often find myself thinking about. It's a funny thing, time... It can move incredibly fast and other times feel as though it's not moving at all. Sitting in a boring class for a half an hour is an incredibly different experience from running around Disneyland for a half an hour. The movement of time in the first feels like time might as well not be moving at all. The second, though, flies by in the blink of an eye.
So... a day in my life. I'm choosing to shoot next weekend. Here's why: I have a dance competition. To all of you out there who think that sounds like an utter joke, think again. It means sitting (in this case) in a huge high school commons, hair and makeup perfectly done, costumes just right, waiting for your turn to go on stage. And, you have to make sure you are staying warm because if you aren't, you could pull a muscle on stage. I know to some of you this does not that hard. Trust me, it is. It's also exhausting, exhilarating, and exciting. Therefore, I'm choosing this day to shoot my project. Besides being a more interesting than usual day, it's also a day when time passes at different speeds. It will be interesting to explore that... I'm not going to lie, it's going to be quite difficult to make sure that every 30 minutes I take a picture, but I'm up to the challenge. I also think this is a good day to take pictures that wouldn't have other wise been seen. Sort of like the picture Mr. Patteson showed us with the cow's tongue perfectly matching the brim of the hat. That wouldn't have been seen if it hadn't been captured on film. I want to attempt to capture moments like that on this day. :)
I'm very curious to see how this all turns out. Wish me luck!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good luck. I love the thoughtful comments.
...and that you are challenging yourself to do this on a day most people wouldn't.
Post a Comment