Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

I just saw Slumdog Millionaire. I know... finally! I loved every second of it. I don't know why I've been getting all philosophical lately but I just have to say this:

The movie might have changed my life. It inspired me to never take things for granted and to live my life to the fullest and to love with my whole heart. It sounds incredibly cliché and I know people make this promise all the time. But this time, it's for real. The kids in that movie have absolutely nothing. And yet life for them seems like one big game. The little Jamal and Salik are so light hearted, it seems. Jamal, from day one of meeting Latika, is able to love her throughout his life with all of his being. He is willing to risk his life for her, and she does the same for him.

If you haven't seen it, go. If you have, you know what I'm talking about. I don't mean to get all heavy and deep because I'm not usually like that. But this movie was truly incredible. :)

1 comment: