This assignment and I started off on the wrong foot. The first roll I shot was riddled with problems. My stupid, stupid finger didn't hold the shutter button down. So there were a ton of empty frames, leaving me with 6 mediocre images. And then me being me started panicking about when to reshoot, if I had enough time to, how was I going to get this all done??? For those of you on the edges of your seats, let me spoil it for you; it all ends happily.
I reshot, figured out why my finger was so lame the first time (instead of holding down the shutter and releasing the stopwatch, I did just the opposite. Go me.), and processed on Thursday at lunch. Now, you must allow me to boast for just a moment. I got all 5 prints done at C block and Z block on Thursday. They are some of my favorite images from the whole term. I haven't been proud of very many this term, but these I would proudly hang in my room. :)
My favorite is probably the one of the moon with the clouds streaking by. It was a windy night so the clouds were moving fast. Plus, the stars were bright enough that I caught the earth's movement (the stars were blurry). My least favorite is definitely the one from my original role. It's really grey and boring. I also really like the one of my dad looking at the sky. It has an eery feeling to it becuase of the way the lights pools in one area of the image.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nice! Happy endings are good.
Post a Comment