Thursday, January 22, 2009

Assignment #3- High Key/Low Key

















Wow. Our first printing assignment already done. This term has just been flying by... This assignment was really fun, for me at least. And I learned so much. First and foremost I learned that when you shoot high key images, you aren't looking for a perfect histogram. Rather, you are looking for a histogram that is bunched near the highlights, without cutting off any data. Same with low key, except the opposite. I had to reshoot once because of this. Once I figured that out, however, the shooting went pretty well. I found a room in my house with fairly amazing light. That room should get used to me photographing in it. :) Alright, Mr. Slade... you asked what made us cry. Here we go: Since I usually don't get home until between 6 or 9 because of dance and rehearsal, the light is usually gone. I'm not going to lie... I shed a tear once because I felt like I was running out of time. But... the fear soon passed. As soon as I found my white crayon, my world (and photo assignment) was complete. Mr. Slade, you also asked what made us smile. I have many more things that made me smile...
1. My white crayon. I felt like a little kid again. :)
2. My hotel hallway picture. I don't know what I like so much... maybe it's because the hallway seems to go on forever and that's how I'm feeling about life right now. Maybe it's because of the light at the end of hallway and I like happy endings. Maybe, maybe, maybe. Whatever it is, I hope you like it as much as I do.
3. The finished product. I am really happy with how it all turned out.

1 comment:

Chan said...

Meghan!! These are so great. I absolutely love the bowtie ones. Great job!!