Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I have to reshoot most of my black and white assignment... I went for a perfect histogram instead of one that was over in the high (or low) key area. It kind of stinks... because I really like the quality of some of the images. Hopefully I'll be able to set them up the same way again.

This is my favorite image that I've shot so far... the one on top is after I played with my levels and curve. The one underneath is before. However, I didn't really play with the curve that much. And all I did with the levels is bring up the white point a tiny bit, because I really like the metal clasp. But I think I like the before better... hmmm... let me know what you think! :)


3 comments:

Chan said...

gosh thats exactly what i did.

Allie Orvis said...

I like the image. I like the before clasp, because after it looks a little too white, but i like the color of the bowtie in the after.

Meghan said...

chandler: i know! i was like: wow! perfect histogram... no need to bracket much more than this. but no... i was quite wrong.

allie: thank you! i totally agree about the clasp color in the after. in all honesty i want to go back and work on this image WAY more. get it fairly perfect. :)