I didn't have material to work on today in class (I know... I'm a horrible student) so I started looking for portraits online to talk about. Now you are wondering where all the pictures are. I decided not to post any. Let me tell you a story:
Once upon a time, there lived a girl. She loved photo except when she got assigned portrait assignments. Shooting portraits was such a challenge for her. Her sister was not an excellent model because she didn't understand what to do. Her dad was away on a business trip the week she should have been shooting. And her mom was always busy. Plus, she had absolutely no free time to get together with friends to shoot them. Putting aside the lack of models, she never got home before the sun had gone down. Oh... portrait assignments.
However, one day something cool happened. The girl was googling every photographer on the printers in her photo lab. What she found was incredible. Almost every one of those famous photographers had at least one portrait project. WOW!
After that day, the girl looked at portrait assignments with a different eye. Because obviously, portraits are very important. Not only can you portray something profound about a person but the challenge is a good one. It pushes you. You have to make sure your focus is just right. You have to see. You have to slow down and look. The girl skipped home ready to photograph portraits that weekend, welcoming the challenge in front of her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
...on the edge of my seat waiting for Chapter 2 in this story...
holy cow this thing just keeps going on! cept now instead of writng a novel you are writng a Play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment