Oh. My. Goodness. I'm sorry... but I couldn't be happier that this assignment is finally behind me. Not only did I roll my film poorly, but the images themselves were AWFUL. On top of that, I wasn't awake for very long that day so I didn't have many to work with.
If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say the one of the sailor. I think I printed that one the best. The contrast is nice and it's pretty sharply focused.
I can't even single out a least favorite... I didn't really love any of them.
It was also really frustrating to print because there was A TON of dust on my negatives; more dust than usual...
I am really bummed that the images didn't turn out well. I was really excited to shoot this roll... In my opinion, there were a few things working against me. 1) Shooting every 30 minutes didn't allow me to get into my photo zone and just shoot away. 2) Shooting at the dance competition maybe wasn't the smartest idea ever... it was pretty hectic. 3) Mr. Slade and I were talking about this and I think it goes back to the "every 30 minutes" thing. When you are forced to take a picture, the image loses it's spontaneity.
Put those all together... and there was a lot to fight. I'm not trying to pass this off on the assignment... I know it was my fault. Hopefully the next assignment will turn out better. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This was a tough assignment, I know. And you had some extra difficulties on top of that. As a housekeeping note, this is the "after" for Assgt 1, not 2.
Post a Comment