As I started to ponder it more and more, the more I realized I had absolutely no idea what to do. "Please start thinking about your final project topic, which should relate in some way to time." Something to do with time... Hmmm... The ideas that flowed at first were fairly lame. I thought, "Well, I could take pictures of a ton of different kind of clocks." I suppose that could turn out cool but it's sort of boring in theory. Next. "I could take pictures of the moon phases." Way cool, right? Wrong. How long do I have to shoot this assignment? You'd probably barely even notice a difference in the moon. I thought and thought, and thought some more.
Eventually... I stopped thinking about it and actually attempted my Euro. That's when it hit me. In the old days, people used the sun to tell time. (Among other things...) And they used a sun dial too. And what did a sun dial use to show the time? Shadows!! But wait... Shadows don't tell time. Back to the drawing board. Alright... think. How about just sun dials? What about a human sundial? What about a massive sundial? DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!
For my final project I will shoot a sundial/sundials. My goal will be to have just one massive one. Perhaps it's drawn with chalk on my driveway and my sister is the "stick" causing the shadow to tell the time. Perhaps, I find a massive tree branch to use as a legitimate stick and really tell the time. It's a lot of maybes but I think it just might work. And if it doesn't, I will make it my mission to find a few different sundials around town and photograph them. Either way, I think this could turn out really neat. Wish me luck!

1 comment:
This could be way cool. I definitely vote for making over finding...
Post a Comment